Friday, April 19, 2013

Easy & Delicious Avocado Egg Salad


I must tell you, this recipe is delicious.


And with summer coming {one day} {i'm hoping} easy sandwich recipes are my favorite for hot days when I don't feel like cooking. I tested this one out a few weeks ago for a road trip to Price. 

Have you ever been to Price? Its.....small. And I really don't want to live there. 


But on the bonus side of things, we had delicious sandwiches to eat while we drove!




Ingredients {makes 2 sandwiches}:

4 hard boiled eggs, diced
6 {or more} strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 avocado, mashed
1 green onion, chopped
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
pinch of cayenne pepper
pinch of salt


Directions:

Take everything and mix it all together. Swipe a taste and adjust ingredients as needed--I added a little more Dijon and a little more bacon {who can resist adding more bacon??}

Lightly {lightly} toast 4 pieces of bread. Spoon egg salad over toasted bread, and top with some fresh lettuce.






Yummmmmm.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...