Saturday, January 5, 2013

DIY Apothecary Jar Filler

I have this wonderful glass apothecary jar sitting on my piano. It cost me a whole of $4 {downeast was having a crazy sale}. I've wanted to put something in it forever, but I've been coming up short on ideas. 

BUT THEN.

Over Christmas my mom & I went to see Gardner Village--a collection of cutesy, boutique-y shops that are all ridiculously over-priced {but fun to browse}. In one shop, they had a glass vase that was filled with antique-looking rolls of sheet music, all tied together with a pretty ribbon. Voila!

Since the holidays have ended, I finally have a little more time to myself. So yesterday morning I dug through my huge uneeded stash of sheet music and found a book that I could tear pages out of.



I think it's a book from when I used to teach piano. If not that, then I have no idea where it came from.




I tore out 7 nice-looking sheets. Then I used blue paint to give the torn edges a little interest. 





Using old fabric scraps, I cut long, small lengths to use as bows.




I rolled the pages up, tied the bows, and ta-da!








I think it looks pretty cute, don't you?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...