Saturday, September 8, 2012

Easiest Maxi Skirt You'll Ever Make

I. Love. This. Skirt.



I saw the tutorial over at Cotton and Curls, and I knew instantly that this skirt and I were destined to be together. 

Plus I've had this material for...like.....ever. 

I used a 3" elastic for the waistband, because I knew I wanted something wide enough to belt. But, you could always use something smaller.




Ridiculously easy instructions:

Measure the elastic around your waist where you want it to sit. Sew the ends, right sides together, topstitch them flat. 

Take your 2 yards of material, and cut it into two 1-yard pieces, leaving the width alone. {my fabric was approx. 42" wide, so I had two pieces that were 42" wide by 36" long.}

Sew the two pieces together, on the long sides.

Gather the top to be slightly wider than your hips. {I slipped mine on at this point, just to be sure.}

Match up the middle front, middle back, and two sides of the elastic to the middle front, middle back, and two sides of your fabric. Sew with a zig-zag stitch, right sides together, stretching the elastic as you go.

Oh ps, if you want pictures, check out the tutorial link at the top.

Hem.

I made my hemline shorter in front than in back, because I like it that way.



And it shows off my cute toes.




This skirt is now literally the most comfortable thing I own. {except maybe my slippers.}





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...