Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Am Humbly Gutless

 I had an interesting experience the other day. I meet lots of interesting people at my job, and that morning am oddball woman whom I have met before came in needing some help. 

Well, I decided to help her.This led to me realizing 2 things:
  1. I do not have half the courage she did.
  2. Who am I to judge someone I barely know?
I was pretty humbled.  
Let me explain.
This woman is a talker. Even if you're not even vaguely listening, she will pour her conversation all over you until you start to drown in its waterfall. I have heard diatribes on just about everything from horses to how our government is stiffing us. 
This particular time she decided to talk to me about religion.
I didn't pay much attention at first, just nodding periodically and helping her with her copies. And then, it hit me. 
She was opening her mouth.
What does this mean, you ask? Thanks to my missionary brother, I've learned the acronym "OYM." It stands for open your mouth. Talk to people about the gospel. Its the first step.

And that's exactly what this woman was doing. She was telling me about her church, without any invitation from me, and she was completely unafraid of what I might say back.

WOW.

One day I hope I am able to share the gospel so freely.



D&C 18:15-16

  And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!

And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...